TIDAL was founded with the mission of bringing fans and artists closer together and created a sustainable industry model that values music and artists. In addition to 57 million songs, we produce our own content, such as videos, curated playlists, interviews with artists and more.
We want to deliver music the way artists intended, and with MASTER quality in the TIDAL desktop, we ensure that our users hear the music as it was recorded in the studio.
As a member of the TIDAL Desktop Team, you should:
- Write your code following the SOLID principles
- Write maintainable and cross-platform C++ code
- Be familiar with Test-driven development/design
- Understand how to profile and optimize code
- Have experience with multithreaded systems
- Care about performance and audio playback quality
This might be for you if you:
- Have excellent software development and designs skills
- Are excited about desktop development mixing software and hardware
- Have professional experience or interest in audio related software
- Have a keen interest in music
Our technology stack:
- C++ playback engine supporting a wide range of audio formats and output devices
- Integration with third party libraries such as Meridians MQA software decoder
- Unit testing using Catch and Fakeit++ frameworks
- Integration tests and build system using Python 3
What we offer:
- We have a tight-knit team with many individuals who are passionate about technology and design.
- We focus on teamwork and creativity, and ALL ideas count. Thus you have the possibility to imprint your craftsmanship in our product.
- Cool new offices in central Oslo (Grünerløkka), walking distance to public transportation, cafés, parks, restaurants, gyms and Akerselva.
- Our strength is diversity. The TIDAL team represents more than 25 different nationalities. The company language is English.