We are looking for a Java Engineer to join Tidal’s Big Data team. Our mission is to turn data into insights by understanding our content and users behaviour. These insights are used to recommend interesting and personalised content.
TIDAL was founded with the mission of bringing fans and artists closer together and creating a sustainable industry model that values music and artists. In addition to 57 millions songs, we also produce our own content, such as videos, curated playlists, interviews with artists and more.
As a Java Engineer at TIDAL, you will:
- Design and develop new features for our users
- Build RESTful APIs scaled for high throughput and low latency
- Collaborate closely with machine learning engineers in productizing and deploying models to our personalization platform
- Perform data exploration using big data tools to build KPI and dashboards
This is your dream job if you:
- Have a strong Java engineering background
- Have experience with RESTful API development
- Want to work with Spark
- Enjoy both the analytical and engineering challenges of building an end-to-end system
Our technology stack:
- Spring boot
- Hive / Presto
What we offer:
- We have a tight-knit team with many individuals who are passionate about technology and design.
- We focus on teamwork and creativity, and ALL ideas count. Thus you have the possibility to imprint your craftsmanship in our product.
- Cool new offices in central Oslo (Grünerløkka), walking distance to public transportation, cafés, parks, restaurants, gyms and Akerselva.
- Our strength is diversity. The TIDAL team represents more than 25 different nationalities. The company language is English.