We are looking for a Data Engineer to join Tidal’s Big Data team. Our mission is to turn data into insights by understanding our content and users behavior. These insights are used to recommend interesting and personalized content.
TIDAL was founded with the mission of bringing fans and artists closer together and creating a sustainable industry model that values music and artists. In addition to 50 millions songs, we also produce our own content, such as videos, curated playlists, interviews with artists and more.
As a Data Engineer at TIDAL, you will:
- Design and develop new features for our users
- Build RESTful APIs scaled for high throughput and low latency
- Process and analyze real-time data streams.
- Collaborate closely with machine learning engineers in productizing and deploying models to our personalization platform
This is your dream job if you:
- Have a Java engineering background
- Have experience with RESTful API development
- Want to work with Spark
- Enjoy both the analytical and engineering challenges of building an end-to-end system
Our technology stack:
- A cloud-based micro-service architecture based on Java, Spring Boot and Amazon Web Services.
- ETL and real-time processing with Spark, AWS SageMaker and Elastic.
- Extensive use of the AWS stack, including DynamoDB, Glue, Lambda and more.
What we offer:
- We have a tight-knit team with many individuals who are passionate about technology and design.
- We are non-bureaucratic, with focus on teamwork and creativity, so ALL ideas count. Thus you have the possibility to imprint your craftsmanship in our product.
- Cool new offices in central Oslo (Grünerløkka), walking distance to public transportation, cafés, parks, restaurants, gyms and Akerselva.
- Remuneration consists of salary, pension, insurance and more company benefits
- A diverse group of colleagues. 40% of employees are from countries other than Norway - 24 different nationalities The company language is English.
This position is located in Oslo, Norway.